Hello and welcome to my digital home… I’m a graphic designer, photographer, skateboarder, writer, entrepreneur, world traveler, and student of life.
I’ve always had an insatiable curiosity about the world and understanding of myself. After a life of being trained to conform I decided to step outside the box to follow my heart. When I graduated college I didn’t want to have a job because I had other passions I wanted to pursue. I had decided that I would start my own business by freelancing my graphic design services. Since then, I’ve been able to design my life in a way that suits whatever it is I want to do in that moment. I’ve pursued everything from racing professional motocross to volunteering to world travel. I live in a constant state of fulfillment that a desk job could never give me.
I refuse to give up my life to a desk job for a mere 2-weeks of vacation a year if I’m even given that. I don’t get the old way of thinking where you have to work your entire life in order to retire and then be able to do whatever it is you want to do. Why should I give up the best years of my life as being a physically and mentally capable human being to working when I could be doing it now? By the time I’ll get to retire I’ll be 70-something years old and not even capable of having the adventures I want to have. I’ll be left with something as exciting as… fishing (sorry Dad).
I want to be able to tell my grandkids that I didn’t follow the social norms and live a dull conventional life. But rather, found the Lost City in Colombia, swam with sea lions in the Galapagos, and got lost in the Amazon jungle.
I’m a girl who loves adventure and craves adrenaline rushes. Since I’ve turned 21 and cut the umbilical cord I’ve traveled to over 11 countries and 30 US states. Now I’m in the process of selling everything I own to live out of a backpack as I travel the world indefinitely. I’m able to do this with my Location Independent graphic design business that allows me to work anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
This site is not only a journal of my thoughts and travels but a resource for location independent working, remarkable living, around the world travel, backpacking, and solo travel. I hope that this site can assist and inspire others to lead a more fulfilling life. I only write from my own experiences and direct observations.
If you find my site valuable please pass it along to your friends and family. I want as many people as possible to live a remarkably awesome fulfilling life, just like me.
You can find my Bucket List here.
Random Facts about Jenny:
1. I’ve been self-employed since 2003 when I started my location independent graphic design business. I’ve worked from 12 countries and 10 US states and am taking the steps to be a full-time digital nomad by selling everything I own.
2. After backpacking South America for 5-months I became some-what fluent in Spanish. I also learned sign language in college and want to learn French so that I can have something in common with my nephews whom live in France.
3. Travel photography is a huge passion of mine and I hope to utilize that to make a passive income stream.
4. I dig skateboarding. I hope it digs me back. I’ll be taking my skateboard with me as I travel to see what skate parks the world has to offer.
5. I have an addiction to learning. I love to push my body and my mind to it’s limits and then some.
6. I’m allergic to mushrooms. Seriously.